Prostate Cancer - Early detection is crucial

I lost an uncle in 2006 to prostate cancer. Early detection might have saved his life.

A good friend in his late 40's wrote the email below. He was very proactive because both his father and grandfather had the disease so he knew his chances were high. Fortunately, he is healthy today.

Make sure to get your PSA test on a regular basis. It is a simple process.

Happy Gswede Sunday!
-----
I don't know if GP shared with you that I recently had surgery to remove my prostate. Both my father and grandfather had prostate cancer and unfortunately the genes were passed my way as well. I was very proactive at staying on top of this (PSA tests and exams from the time I turned 40) which led to my early detection.

Early detection is the best way to overcome the disease and it is as treatable as skin cancer when found and addressed early. I only share this to say that if you haven't been tested, make sure you ask your doctor to do so. Prostate cancer is very prevalent among African American males. I just had my first PSA test post surgery and everything looks great. All I can say is, God is great all the time.....:--)

My brothers, be safe and take care and one more thing, it is a blessing to have both of you as true friends! Peace!
-----
Take a Swing this Father's Day - learn more by clicking on link below

http://www.prostatecancerfoundation.org/site/c.itIWK2OSG/b.4096795/k.4A3B/Hit_a_Home_Run_for_Dad.htm

No comments: