Podcasts, Walking and Sleep


In 2012, podcasts came into my life like a lightning bolt. I had dabbled with them in the past although never seriously, until a friend talked about his podcast passion during a Copenhagen weekend in April.

I now enjoy podcasts in the car, working out or whenever I get some free time.  I especially like to listen on one of my weekly power walks. In addition, they keep my sports, news and entertainment knowledge current.

Which leads me to another change – walking. My masseuse has been telling me for some time about how good walking would be for my body. I prefer to run for my exercise so I’ve ignored her gentle inspiration. During my last massage, she strongly suggested I reconsider, and this time I listened.

What a difference. My body feels great after walking and getting more time to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and nature is always a good thing. I plan to continue running although mostly on the weekends. My goal is to make 2013 the year of the power walk.

Finally, I decided to improve my sleep in 2013, not as a resolution but as a lifestyle change. It worked well in the past to get only 6 hours of sleep per night, especially when the small babies came as the lack of sleep wasn’t difficult for me to adjust to. In 2012, with older kids, those 6 hours occasionally took their toll as I found myself without the same bounce and energy.

I started this year strongly with sleep between 7-8 hours and it has been an eye-opening experience. I feel much better in the morning hours and I haven’t had any problems with energy thus far. I’m a big fan of sleep these days, unlike when I wrote the article below.


I’m grateful for 3 positive changes. They have enhanced my life and will continue to do so as long as I make them a priority.  

Have a wonderful 2013 and all the best with any improvements in your life.

Happy Gswede Sunday!


Enjoying a walk after lunch with friends Joanna and Adam.

No comments: