A Magnificent Quote from the 30th President of the United States

Yes, the 30th President has a cool name (Calvin Coolidge) although he is also known for some profound and important quotes.

After reading the quote below, my hope is that you will begin to grab the life that you want or start living the dreams that have been deferred. At the very least, it should inspire you.  It continues to inspire me.

Maybe you already have persistence as a top characteristic although from my experience, far too many don't and live life for others thus neglecting their needs or don't feed their soul with their passions. A little persistence for what you want out of our short time on earth will go a long way in curing a misguided life.

Go after whatever you may desire with dogged persistence and determination. If there is a better way to live, I haven't seen it!

People often say to me, "I have no time to exercise or do the things I like" yet they find time to be on Facebook or watch TV - time that could be spent living your passion. I'm as busy as any person with a challenging job, spouse and two kids yet I find the time on a daily basis to do the things I'm passionate about - most importantly, my writing. Because of my determination in this area, I am a better father, son, husband and friend. I can't imagine a life without my "Me Time".

Remember, if you don't take care of yourself FIRST, how can you possibly be the most effective in looking after, uplifting or inspiring the loved ones in your life?

As President Coolidge said: "The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

Happy Gswede Sunday!
-----
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

~Calvin Coolidge in 1932
http://calvin-coolidge.org/html/p.html

Swedish Strawberry - If there is a better Strawberry in the world, I would like to taste it!

No comments: