2nd Anniversary of Gswede Sunday

Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of my weekly blog - a passion that elevates my soul on a daily basis. It's exciting and inspiring to know that I have so many interested and loyal readers, particularly with the plethora of "written word" options available.

Like many of you, I LOVE to read. It could be a book, newspaper, magazine, blog, online news or a host of other interesting options.

With a busy job, wife, two children and numerous personal endeavors, what I find challenging is deciding what I will read every day. My ideal morning would begin with one undisturbed hour of reading. It happens occasionally yet more often than not, I set aside 60 minutes (almost never consecutively) throughout the day devoted to reading. I need that jolt of information to stay on top of current events and maintain my well-rounded knowledge.

My 5 main staples are a Swedish Newspaper, 2 news websites and 2 financial web-links. It's a part of my "Me Time" that I simply cannot do without. In addition, I often send an important article that I don't have time to read to my email inbox for future use. For traveling, I have a printed article (usually over 10 pages) handy for the train or airplane. I've also read hundred of books in the last 5 years and typically have one with me when I am outside of the house.

My love for reading started at an early age and blossomed in my collegiate years as an English major. My creative writing course in college was my first writing inspiration although I didn't act on my passion for putting pen to paper until much later in life. Maybe the writing path should have been followed as I was the only person to get an A in the course - something the professor proudly pointed out to me. Well, better late than never.

In our world of information and technology overload, our written word choices are abundant and will only expand in years to come. It will be increasingly important to focus on what one likes to read by giving the appropriate "Me Time" towards it. I have seen people forget or lose their passion for reading due to a life where "To Do's" take over and personal pleasures take a back seat. For those who find themselves in that position, I implore you to slow down and get back to basics with your reading.

Knowledge is one of the most vital elements in life and without consistent and diverse reading, opportunities for success could be elusive or at the very least limited.

As I begin my 3rd year of Gswede Sunday, topics are percolating in my head and I can't wait to share them with you! Occasionally, my readers ask if I ever have trouble finding a weekly topic - a question I love to answer. I tell them that I have years of potential subjects written down.

Thank you for choosing the Gswede Sunday option in our world of endless and creative reading possibilities. Your dedication to my blog is heartwarming and appreciated.

Finally, three points for encouragement:

1) Keep Reading

2) Encourage others to read especially our youth

3) If you don't read consistently, try to be more dedicated if only for 10 minutes a day

Happy Gswede Sunday!

The magnificence of winter snow in Skåne (southern Sweden)! My friend Fredrik took this lovely picture.

4 comments:

Marcus Svensson said...

Parabéns GP! I enjoy very much reading your blog and look forward to following you in the many years to come.

Big hug,
Marcus

Unknown said...

I hope you are putting aside ten minutes each day to write your (first of many) book. I enjoy reading your blog, George. It's always thought-provoking - no matter the subject; inspiring and a pleasure to read. Thanks.
Besos,
Paulette

Unknown said...

Congrats on 2nd year of writing bro!

Sheldon

kalle13 said...

Thanks for writing.