Don't Worry so Much, Have Fun......Like a Child

I used to worry unnecessarily in my early twenties.

Whether it was my job, career, or a relationship,etc...too much time was spent worrying about things (happening or not happening) instead of acting on what I wanted to grab from life. When I think back to those years directly after college, there was a lack of sparkle in my life, stress was prevalent and my career wasn't moving in the direction I desired. Needless to say, I could have had more fun as well. Maybe that is a typical characteristic in one's early adult years although it need not be as some of my close friends had thriving lives that were full of gusto.

Fortunately, I quickly discovered that worrying is a time waster and stress inducer. Around 25, worrying left my being and thus began a beautiful rise to a life and career I am proud of today.

There was no particular moment that was the catalyst for me to change, only my desire to start heading toward my dreams. I knew that if I didn't act, I could fall victim to a Ho Hum sort of life - a life I would have been gravely disappointed in after my terrific childhood and exciting college years.

In addition, I have always loved children and enjoyed teaching them when I was a substitute teacher. The beauty of interacting with and opening up your heart to children is that their joy and worry free lives are infectious, so much so that one usually forgets their problems if only for a few moments. I have met numerous people who have lost the glowing smile and happiness they probably had as a child; most likely due to an abundance of stress and worry.

Some of the best moments of my life have occurred when I put the setbacks of the day aside and let the child-like feeling take over! Releasing a bit of the "child in you" on a daily basis will undoubtedly help to ease some of life's challenges and obstacles.

I implore you to listen to the beautiful song, "With a Child's Heart". The words remind us to embrace our inner child. The beginning verses are below along with the link to the entire lyrics.

With a child’s heart
Go face the worries of the day
With a child’s heart
Turn each problem into play
No need to worry
No need to fear
Just being alive
Makes it all so very clear

With a child’s heart

Nothing can ever get you down
With a child’s heart
You’ve got no reason to frown
(Love)
Love is as welcome
As a sunny, sunny day
No grown up thoughts
To lead our hearts astray

http://www.loglar.com/song.php?id=5271

Life should be about having as much fun as you can on a daily basis despite one's circumstances. I understand that it's not always easy to do but FUN TIME is a goal of mine every day. If one worries to much, the fun in life will most likely remain elusive.

One of my favorite quotes:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
--Mathew 6:34 (New International Version)

Remember the following words and try to embrace them daily:

Don't Worry so Much, Have Fun.......Like a Child.

Happy Gswede Sunday!

This 5th grade class was an absolute joy to teach in Stockholm, Sweden! Their enthusiasm and thirst for learning was heart warming.

No comments: