A Taste of my Weekly SMS/Text


A year before I began my weekly blog in early 2008, I was sending a Sunday “sms/text” to a select group of friends around the world who I am close with or enjoy being around.  It was one of the catalysts that propelled me to start putting pen to paper for my blog.

It’s been nearly 5 years since my first sms and I’m happy that I still enjoy doing it every week! Sometimes the words I transmit have to do with my weekly blog although more often than not, they are thoughts that come to me a day or two before I send the sms.

As with my blog, it’s a way in which I try to inspire, empower or simply make people look at things in a different light.

In addition, the sms’s I receive after my own often inspire or educate me. It’s wonderful to know that you have touched someone with a thought, especially when friends reciprocate with such eloquent or poignant responses.

Here’s an example of one I sent out (and the responses) on November 27, 2011:

Whether your life is good, challenging or bad....1 thing should always be a constant - Progression. Either you are moving forward with your goals/dreams or you are wasting time.

If your home life needs fixing, fix it.
If your job is so so or you have no job, do something about it.
If negativity surrounds you, get rid of it.
If friends/family dampen your spirit instead of enhancing it, keep them out of your life.
Etc,Etc.

Life is too short to waste time. Progress!


Comment - From one of my most creative friends.

Brazil's motto on their flag reads, "Order and Progress2. You may have something there, given that they are debt-free and have just discovered oil. Nice.

Comment – From one of the most positive people I know.

Well said George! This is precisely what I am experiencing now - a personal life almost entirely built on progression. And I feel like Superman!

Happy Gswede Sunday!

  
Interesting Wall photo (by Buddhism)

No comments: